Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 3 | Quinn

Today was just as productive as the first. Our playground (AKA: The Ark) is finally starting to take shape. I went to the top of the structure to screw the decking board, and my mother almost had a heart attack. It was humorous to watch, but I kind of feel bad for scaring her. The weather was great until around 3 o’clock, then it rained, then it stopped, then it rained, then it stopped, then it rained. So we decided at around 5 o’clock that we would start packing up our equipment for the day. This evening we had “Freedom” soup, a soup created by the Haitians. When they gained their independence on January 1st, 1804, they made a soup out of everything they weren’t allowed to eat when they were not a free country. Our cook Mary Lou, a native of Haiti, did a wonderful job preparing it. I absolutely love it here. I love the people, I love the culture, and I love the land. This experience is definitely life changing and I will never forget it. I am so privileged to be here, and I thank God for allowing me to come. Love and miss you Dad and Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment